Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yellow And Purple (273/365)

2010 09 30 _MG_3710w 
“Color serenade
Of flowers and butterfly
Nature's quiet bliss”

#141 Haiku Orange Blossom-Yellow Butterfly, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes

TIME:  4:34 PM
PLACE:  Front yard
SUBJECT:  Yellow butterfly and purple salvia

I finally took the initiative and pulled out the dead, brown summer annuals from all of the pots early this afternoon.  My garden center had a 10 for $10 special going on – mums, pansies, kale, and cabbage plants were mix and match.  I picked up ten dollars worth along with a larger mum and six pack of pansies.  It was a gorgeous afternoon to be outside doing some gardening.  While I was replacing the plants in the pots, I could see that the butterflies and bees were enjoying the day as well.  They were really giving the salvia and sedum in the front flower beds a workout.

1 comment:

Mari said...

I always enjoy your pictures! You got another good one today.