Friday, October 1, 2010

At The Chili Cook Off (274/365)

2010 10 01 IMG_0065w
"Wish I had time for just one more bowl of chili."

Last words of Kit Carson, American frontiersman (1809-1868)

TIME:  7:43 PM
PLACE:  Downtown
SUBJECT:  Fountain & chili tents

Our city is holding its annual Chili Cook Off this weekend.  HH and MB are out camping with the Boy Scouts until Sunday, so it was just DQ, SD and me who went downtown to meet my dad and do some chili eating.  Holy cannoli was it ever crowded.  We ate several varieties and Dad even popped for a funnel cake, much to SD’s delight.  I could have eaten more chili, but SD wanted to go sit by the fountain in front of our courthouse.  I sat there with her for about an hour while DQ walked around the Cook Off with a few of her friends.  I don’t know how it happened, but somehow, I’ve ended up with two additional 13 year old girls spending the night at my house this evening.

1 comment:

Mari said...

Sounds like a fun night. The fountain is pretty. Hope you got some sleep with those extra visitors there!