Thursday, October 21, 2010

October Tree (294/365)

2010 10 21 IMG_0275w
"The clump of maples on the hill,
And this one near the door,
Seem redder, quite a lot, this year
Than last, or year before;
I wonder if it's jest because
I Love the Old State more!"

David L. Cady, October in Vermont  

TIME:  3:32 PM
PLACE:  Front yard
SUBJECT:  Red sunset maple tree

The weather forecast calls for rain on Saturday and that very well might be the end of the beautiful foliage.  So, instead of chancing it, I decided to post the monthly tree photo a few days earlier this month as I’m afraid that if I wait until the 26th, all of the leaves will have fallen from the branches.  We’ve had a beautiful October this year; cool mornings, warm afternoons and plenty of sunshine - the best kind of fall days.

2 comments:

Mari said...

What a difference from last month!

Jennifer said...

What a great perspective! I love it!