Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Stare Down (296/365)

2010 10 23_MG_4420w
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.”

William Henry Davies, 'Leisure'

TIME:  10:44 AM
PLACE:  Living room
SUBJECT:  Jack and squirrel

The squirrels have been romping and running on the front porch like maniacs lately, hiding nuts in my planters and strewing dirt all over my porch floor.  Jack sits on the back of the couch and observes them.  My favorite part is when he “chatters” while watching them…he wants to catch those rodents so badly.  I think the squirrels know when he is watching them and purposefully run back and forth on the railing to tease him.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I think you're right about the squirrels teasing the cat. The squirrels bury pecans in our yard, and the Beagles dig them up. Great shot!