Sunday, October 17, 2010

Me & My Daughters (290/365)

2010 10 17 IMG_4217w 
“Our daughters are the most precious of our treasures, the dearest possessions of our homes and the objects of our most watchful love.”

Margaret E. Sangster (American poet, author, and editor of Harper’s Bazaar. 1838-1912)

TIME:  5:51 PM
PLACE:  Roller skating rink
SUBJECT:  StellaDella, DramaQueen and Me
(photos taken by HH)

My brother John’s father-in-law celebrated his 70th birthday at the roller rink.  Admission was a new pair of shoes which are going to go to the
Shoes For Orphan Souls ministry.  My sister Cathy and her two kids and my Dad also attended and skated.  Dad, Cathy and I each hit the floor at least once.  Dad said that the wooden floor was a much harder landing than the frozen pond he used to ice skate on years ago.  I narrowly avoided a face plant myself.  I’m thinking I’m going to pop a few Tylenol before I go to bed tonight.  Even though I do that, I bet I’m gonna be be sore tomorrow. 

2010 10 17 IMG_4168w
*StellaDella and me actually skating”

4 comments:

Mari said...

I love the quote!
What a great way to celebrate a birthday. Hope you aren't too sore today.

Michelle said...

Super cute picture of you and your girls!

Christina said...

Love the photos and the quote!

bentonflocke said...

beautiful shot of you three girls