Saturday, January 8, 2011

Squirrel Haiku (008/365)

2010 01 08 _MG_7317w
Eating a cashew
Bushy tail curled on his back
He sees you watching

Sujomi, Original Squirrel Haiku, 2011

TIME:  1:49 PM
PLACE:  Front porch
SUBJECT:  Cashew eating squirrel

I placed some cashews on the front porch for the tree rodents, hoping that I would be able to take some photos.  It worked – of course I had to put the dog in the kennel, because she was lunging at the storm door, scaring them away each time they climbed the porch steps.  We had three different rats on the porch at various times, giving me plenty of photo opportunities.  This guy (I can tell this one is a male, can you?) was the fattest of the three and I could see why…he ate most of the nuts.

3 comments:

bentonflocke said...

fantastic captured!!! cute "little" guy

Sujomi said...

bentonflocke - I'm giggling at your "little" comment.

Christina said...

Wow! Lucky squirrels feasting on cashews! Hmmm...perhaps I should set up a photo shoot. :) I think my best critter shot was of a oppossum.