Thursday, January 20, 2011

View From The Front Door (020/365)

2011 01 20 IMG_7734w
“Nature has no mercy at all. Nature says, ‘I'm going to snow. If you have on a bikini and no snowshoes, that's tough. I am going to snow anyway.’”

Maya Angelou (b. 1928), U.S. author, poet. repr. In Conversations with Maya Angelou (1989). "Maya Angelou: An Interview," (first published Oct. 1974).

TIME:  4:40 PM
PLACE:  Front porch
SUBJECT:  Porch railing

The snow fell yesterday evening while I was sleeping away the stomach virus.  It fell enough for us to receive the automated message at 11:22pm last night from the school district that school was cancelled for today.  Which was a good thing, ‘cause I still was not all that great this morning.  I spent my day bleaching and sanitizing the bed sheets and sitting around playing “Plants vs. Zombies” on the Xbox with the munchkins.  DramaQueen did get out and go sledding with her friend Erin this afternoon, so at least somebody had some fun in the snow.  It would have been a great day to get out and take some wintery photos, but, alas, it was not meant to be.  Standing at the front door was as far as I was going to go today.

1 comment:

Mari said...

It's snowing like crazy at the moment here. Glad I have tomorrow off, and don't have to get out if it's bad out.
Hope you are feeling 100% tomorrow!