Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Gas Flame (018/365)

2011 01 18 IMG_0731w
“In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.”

Albert Schweitzer (German medical Missionary, Theologian, Musician and Philosopher. 1952 Nobel Peace Prize, 1875-1965)

TIME:  9:33 PM
PLACE:  Kitchen
SUBJECT:  Gas burner on stove

Oh my it is utterly blah and blech around here!  Whatever way like to spell the color, it is grey, gray, grey, gray, grey, gray, grey outside.  And cold.  And without inspiration.  And did I mention it is grey outside?  Anyway, I tried taking pictures of the gas burner on my stove this evening.  I used the tripod and my Rebel.  I tried fast shutter speeds, slow shutter speeds, wide apertures, narrow apertures, high ISO, low ISO and everything in-between and a kabillion combinations thereof.  I could not get a decent shot – frustrating.  So I said, “&$#% it!” and grabbed my Canon PowerShot S2 IS (which is having some tremendous lens issues by the way) and clicked away on Auto without the flash.  This is the result. *shakes head* 

2 comments:

bentonflocke said...

it´s the same weather here... and really not good for the mood.
Like your quote

Mari said...

We are having the same sort of weather here. Love the picture!