Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I Can See Clearly Now (328/365)

2009 11 24 IMG_2245
…'Hey lady! do I look all blurry to you? 'Cause you look blurry to me!'

Dean Martin (American Actor and Singer. 1917-1995)

TIME:  7:33 PM
PLACE:  My nightstand
SUBJECT:  My eyeglasses on a holder

This little ceramic holder was painted and given to me from my Aunt Alice (my mom’s sister) in 1975 for my 8th birthday.  Yep, it’s true, I have had corrective lenses since 2nd grade.  I am horribly nearsighted and have astigmatism.  At my eye exam last Thursday, for the 1st time in 15 years, my prescription, which had been holding steady, changed for the worse.  Oh the perils of being over 40.  The good news is that my sight can be corrected to 20/20 in my left eye and 20/30 in my right eye.  Now I have new gas permeable contacts on order.  All I can say is thank goodness for modern optometry – otherwise I would be on a corner, selling pencils from a cup.

1 comment:

Mari said...

That is so cute! Kudo's to you for having it so long and not breaking it.
I've had glasses since second grade too.