Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pup Tent (326/365)

2009 11 22 IMG_2217
And the night shall be filled with music
And the cares that infest the day,
Shall fold their tents, like the Arabs,
And as silently steal away.

Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth. "The Day is Done." l. 41-44.  Yale Book of American Verse; ed. by Thomas Raynesford Lounsbury. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1912.

TIME:  8:26 PM
PLACE:  The living room
SUBJECT:  Tent & Oreo 

I attempted to clean and organize the dining room and living room today in anticipation of Christmas decorating this coming weekend.  This year, I decided I will begin decorating the day after Thanksgiving instead of putting it off until the week before Christmas.  My holiday spirit has been gone for the past seven years or so and I would like to get it back…for both the kid’s sake & mine.  While hiding putting some things away in the window seat, I found this play tent that my mom had bought for MB when he was about 3 or 4 years old.  I decided to set it up and SD loves it.  She immediately wanted to have a sleep over in it and attempted to camp out in the living room last night.  She ended up crawling into my bed about 3am.  I’ll keep it up until Friday, then it’s decoration time!