Monday, November 30, 2009

Rocking Horse (334/365)

2009 11 30 IMG_2510 
Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.

Pablo Picasso (Spanish artist, painter, draughtsman, and sculptor.1881-1973)

TIME:  10:26 PM
PLACE:  The living room
SUBJECT:  Wooden rocking horse ornament

I must have painted this back in 1971 or 1972, when I was about 4 or 5 years old.  My mom purchased a wooden paint-by-numbers ornament kit and allowed me and my brothers to choose and paint one ornament.  Mom ended up “correcting” my brothers’ efforts, but apparently my attempt was completely unsalvageable.  She must have loved it as only a mother could, because she hung it on the tree every year.  I moved out of my parents house in 1993 and during my first Christmas in my new home, Mom gave me my artistic masterpiece so it could adorn my own tree.  Every year, I hang it with honor.

1 comment:

Mari said...

I have a few ornaments like that from my kids. I love them!