Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Banner Day (174/365)

2010 06 23 IMG_7923w 
“Boy, if I were a lamp I'd light, or if I were a banner I'd wave.

Frank Loesser (1910-1969), U.S. songwriter. "If I Were a Bell," Guys and Dolls, Frank Music Corp. (1950). Music composed by Frederick Loewe (1901-1988).

TIME:  11:16 PM
PLACE:  Dining room
SUBJECT:  Flag banner

I’ve had this idea in my head for some time to sew a cloth flag banner to decorate for the 4th of July and finally decided that tonight, I was going to ignore all of my chores and just go ahead and make it.  I used some denim, muslin and a red striped fabric for the flags and red double fold bias tape to hold it all together.  By the time I finished putting it together and then messed around for about an hour deciding how to best to photograph it, (and I’m not at all happy with the outcome – there isn’t a whole lot of natural light available at night; I hate using the flash) it became quite late.  I am pleased with how the project itself turned out…in fact, I like it so much, I think I am going to make another one tomorrow.

3 comments:

Mari said...

It's very cute! I'm impressed!

bentonflocke said...

wow you did it great!

SaraG said...

WOW, that is just great!! You are very talented!
Thanks for sharing the pics with us.
Your pictures over the past couple of weeks have been just great. I am sorry for my lack of visiting. I have been so busy since getting back from vacation and that was almost a month ago! Finally starting to get some vacation pics up on my photogablog site.
Take care and I will try to do better with my visits and comments!!