Saturday, June 5, 2010

Foal (156/365)

2010 06 05 IMG_7461w
"Poor little Foal of an oppressed race!
I love the languid patience of thy face."


Coleridge, Samuel Taylor. *To a Young Ass, Its Mother Being Tethered Near It.” 1794.

TIME: 2:20 PM
PLACE: Just south of town
SUBJECT: Foal

I picked up DramaQueen from her overnight adventure and on the way home, spotted some horses in a field. Unfortunately, they were on the other side of the 2 lane highway and traffic was steady. I pulled way over on the shoulder and told DQ that I was getting out to take a photo. I would have crossed the lanes and obtained a better shot, but DQ was very nervous about me being so close to the highway and was afraid that I would get hit by a car, so I stayed by the Jeep and quickly took a couple of shots. This is as good as it gets today.

2 comments:

Mari said...

So cute! I love seeing the little ones run around!

Christina said...

Great shot! Stay safe on your photo journey! :)