Monday, June 7, 2010

Great White Egret (158/365)

2010 06 07 IMG_7489w 
the small white blacklegged egret, how beautiful, quietly stalks and spears the shallows, darts to shore to stab—”

Archie Randolph Ammons (b. 1926), U.S. poet. Corsons Inlet (l. 74). . . Norton Anthology of
Modern Poetry, The. Richard Ellmann and Robert O'Clair, eds. (2d ed., 1988) W. W. Norton & Company.

TIME:  6:42 PM
PLACE:  North Municipal Gateway Park
SUBJECT:  Common or Great White Egret

After supper, I rode my bike on the trail.  There was a plethora of animals to be seen this evening – rabbits (too many to count), groundhogs (I spied 3 of these guys), a snake (almost ran over him) and this egret.  These birds are pretty common in our area during the summer months.  I noticed this fellow by a pond that is located in a park on the trail.  There is a fountain in the middle of the pond – that’s its water spray you see on the left side of the photo.  It’s been almost 2 weeks since I’ve been able to ride…my legs felt the burn tonight.  Great feeling.

No comments: