Monday, November 22, 2010

You Know You Want To (326/365)

2010 11 22 IMG_0375w
“Nothing makes it easier to resist temptation than a proper bringing-up, a sound set of values - and witnesses.”

Franklin P. Jones (Philadelphia reporter, public relations executive and humorist. 1908 - 1980)

TIME:  5:59 PM
PLACE:  Grade school
SUBJECT:  Fire alarm

SD had a Daisy meeting from 5-6:15pm and I stayed and helped the troop leader wrangle the girls.  The fire alarm is right by the school office.  Whenever I walk by an old-school alarm like this, the devil on my shoulder always urges me to pull it, just once.  I know that it’s wrong to sound a false alarm, but It’s so red, shiny and tempting.  Must. Control. Urge. To. Commit. Misdemeanor.

1 comment:

Mari said...

I'm a nurse in a nursing home. When you have dementia or Alzheimers, you seem to pay more attention to that devil on your shoulder, because ours gets pulled regularly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...