Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Turkey (321/365)

2010 11 17 IMG_5532w
I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad at turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastrami...Someone needs to tell the turkey, man, just be yourself.

Mitch Hedberg (American Comedian, 1968-2005)

TIME:  7:09 PM
PLACE:  Living room
SUBJECT:  Turkey salt shaker

I think last year, when I took a photo of my “Thanksgiving At Grandmother’s House” I mentioned that I did not have many Thanksgiving decorations.  Well, I decided to correct that this year.  I kept an eye out for inexpensive, old, turkey salt and pepper shakers and other figurines with a fall theme.  I picked up 2 sets of shakers – each with a tom and hen – and two tom shakers that lost their mates, all under $2.00 each.  In fact, I scored this little guy, marked “JAPAN”, for only 50 cents.  I do love the thrill of the hunt and the excitement of a cheap find.  <== I am so pathetic.

2 comments:

Dana said...

I love "JAPAN"! He is adorable!

Mari said...

He's pretty cute! What a fun thing to collect.