Thursday, November 18, 2010

Unexcelled Beverages (322/365)

2010 11 17 IMG_5626w
“That was the best ice-cream soda I ever tasted.”

Lou Costello (American, comedian, d. March 3, 1959) – his dying words.

TIME:  6:51 PM
PLACE:  Home
SUBJECT:  Elk soda crate

I picked this up at a yard sale back in September - I think I paid $2.00 for it.  I searched the internet, but couldn’t find much of anything on the Elk’s Beverage company.  I did find an Elk’s Beverage wooden soda case on eBay.  That listing states that the case up for auction is circa the 1920’s-1930’s.  Other than that, I have no information.  In any case (Ha! - “any case”/ “soda case” - I made a pun, how amusing), this crate is sitting on my file cabinet, holding my small collection of photography books.

1 comment:

Mari said...

I think that's a pretty good buy!