Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tempus Fugit (313/365)

2010 11 09 IMG_5118w
“Time is flying, never to return.”

Virgil [Publius Vergilius Maro] (70-19 B.C.), Roman poet. Georgics, bk. 3, l. 284 (29 B.C.). The Latin, fugit irreparabile tempus, is usually quoted tempus fugit.

TIME:  2:04 PM
PLACE:  Backyard
SUBJECT:  Sundial

I just realized it’s NOVEMBER!  I mean, I know what month it is, but holy crow…Christmas is only 45 days away.  How’d that happen?  We are having such beautiful weather – it made it up to 78 degrees today and it is supposed to stay in the low 70’s and remain mostly sunny until Saturday.  With weather like this, I cannot begin to wrap my mind around the encroaching Christmas season and I don’t even want to try…I’m just going to enjoy the lovely weather we’re having and not think about the holidays until after Thanksgiving.  Who’s with me?

3 comments:

Mari said...

I'm with you and I love the sun dial!

Lucy Corrander said...

One of our big celebrations is fireworks on November 5th and I've always loved them and the bofires which go with them. This year, for some reason, I couldn't rouse interest at all. On the other hand, I'm quite excited already about Christmas.

On a another matter - I've used all the space Blogger allocates for photos on Pictures Just Pictures and have moved to a new blog

Message in a Milk Bottle

http://messageinamilkbottle.blogspot.com/

It has a new look but is otherwise the same - a photo a day.

Lucy

bentonflocke said...

you are right ... time flies so fast and christmas comes soon

Like the quote!