Saturday, November 6, 2010

Paper Lanterns (310/365)

2010 11 06_MG_4941w
“No my friend, darkness is not everywhere, for here and there I find faces illuminated from within; paper lanterns among the dark trees.”
 
Carole Borges (American, author, poet)

TIME:  9:24 PM
PLACE:  Living room
SUBJECT:  Paper lanterns

I made these paper lanterns last night to decorate for the DramaQueen’s birthday party we had tonight and also for Thanksgiving.  I think Thanksgiving is such an overlooked holiday when it comes to decorations – in the stores, as soon as Halloween ends, Christmas takes over and Thanksgiving gets the shaft – well, that’s not going to happen in my house.  So there!  These lanterns are just some cardstock I had on hand, cut into strips, then punched and threaded with some natural hemp cording.  I made ten of them in five colors and two sizes.  I varied the lengths of the cord so they are staggered as they hang.  So simple, yet it makes me happy looking at them.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Happy Birthday, DramaQueen!
I love the holiday lanterns, the colors of autumn ... let's enjoy autumn and Thanksgiving!

Ack ~ Christmas trees decorated and Christmas music playing in Dillard's when I was there last week.

Mari said...

Nicely done! I hate that Thanksgiving is ignored too.
Happy Birthday to DQ!