Friday, February 18, 2011

New Glasses (049/365)

2011 02 18 IMG_9080w
“Men do make passes at girls who wear glasses - but it all depends on their frames”

Optician Quoted in: The Concise Columbia Dictionary of Quotations

TIME:  8:30 PM
PLACE:  Living room
SUBJECT:  Me

It was a body maintenance day for me.  I had a dentist appointment in the morning to replace the one and only filling I have in my mouth.  It has been about 25-30 years since the work was originally done and the silver amalgam had deteriorated and was starting to pull away from the sides of the tooth.  I splurged and went with the white or natural colored filling to replace it.  Then, with my numb gum, lips and chin, I picked up my new glasses from the optometrist.  They are slightly geeky, but I like them.  My son told me I look like a hip grandma.  I told him he wasn’t my favorite son anymore.

4 comments:

Dana said...

Love them!! But then you know my passion for the geeky chic look ;)

Lucy Corrander : Photos said...

Your new career as a spectacles model.

Lucy

Mari said...

Very cute! And I'm so impressed that you only have one filling!

Christina said...

Lucky you ~ one filling! I like your cool (not geeky) glasses! And you're sitting in my favorite chair! :)