Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sea Monkeys (048/365)

2011 02 17 _MG_8888w
Dory: [dreaming] Uhhh... the sea monkeys have my money... yes, I'm a natural blue...

DeGeneres, Ellen, perf. Finding Nemo. 2003. Pixar Animation Studios. DVD.

TIME:  3:10 PM
PLACE:  Living room
SUBECT:  Freshly Hatched Sea Monkeys

My brother and sister-in-law gave StellaDella a Sea Monkey kit for her birthday.  Oh joy.  SD was excited about them though.  On Saturday, we followed the directions to make the water ready and on Sunday, she poured the egg packet in the tank.  Last night she was able to see the tiny buggers swimming around,  Right now, they are not much bigger than the commas in this post, but there are a lot of them.  If you embiggens the photo, the blurry, white, dotty things in the water are the brine shrimp.  SD gets to feed them for the first time tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kim said...

This is pretty cool.

I've always wanted Sea Monkeys

Mari said...

I remember Sea Monkeys from when I was young - a long time ago!

Christina said...

I remember having sea monkeys when I was a kid. Cool!