Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lady Madonna (055/365)

2011 02 24 IMG_9427w
“Lady Madonna, children at your feet
Wonder how you manage to make ends meet
Who find the money when you pay the rent
Did you think that money was heaven sent”

The Beatles. "Lady Madonna." written by John Lennon & Paul McCartney. Capitol Records, US, 1968.

TIME:  10:23 PM
PLACE:  Living room
SUBJECT:  Hull Madonna #417 planter

To reward myself after folding and putting away 5 loads of laundry, and before I ran my Thursday errands, I decided to stop by one of my favorite thrifts, the Senior Citizens Thrift Store.  I just love this thrift – this is the one where I found my orange chair.  Today, I found this Hull planter and two pieces of Haeger pottery.  I thought they would look good placed upon the shelves of the wooden hutch (the one I purchased last July) that sits on my front porch.  I brought the pieces to the older gentleman at the front check out desk, along with a tin strawberry printed serving tray and 3 small wooden block houses.  He glanced at my choices and quoted me a price – one dollar.  Do you see why I just love the Senior Citizens Thrift Store?

2 comments:

Lucy Corrander : Photos said...

I can't quite grasp this. Do you mean Mary will have a plant growing out of her back?

Lucy

Sujomi said...

Ashley - I love the thrill of the hunt...you never know what you are going to find.

Lucy - Yes, she could, but I would not do that to her. It is odd isn't it?