Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Colossus View (179/365)

2011 06 28 IMG_0068w
I see nothing in space as promising as the view from a Ferris wheel.”

E. B. White (American writer 1899-1985)

TIME:  8:10 PM
PLACE:  Six Flags, St. Louis, MO
SUBJECT:  View from the 18 story Ferris Wheel

I took my life into my hands and took my kids and an extra (my 1st cousin, 1 time removed and a good friend of DQ’s) to Six Flags today.  We did Hurricane Harbor, the waterpark, first.  I was a bit nervous when we entered that area of the park, what with my last experience at a public waterpark still fresh in my mind (and my gimpy wrist still in my sight), but bravely pushed ahead.  I managed to emerge unscathed and victorious.  After their fill of water slides, we ate a late picnic lunch back by the car, then re-entered the park for the amusement rides.  I was a non-rider or “kid’s stuff holder” most of the time.  StellaDella impressed me by going on almost all of the roller coasters.  The only one she didn’t go on was “Batman The Ride” (an inverting, looping steel coaster), because she did not meet the height requirement.  That coaster on the left side of the photo?  It’s the “Screamin’ Eagle” – a 110’ tall wooden coaster.  She rode that.  Those beams on the right?  Another coaster called the “Ninja” – a looping, steel coaster.  She rode that too – twice.  That’s my girl…no fear.

1 comment:

bentonflocke said...

stunning shot!!!

Seems you all had a funny day!!