Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Devil Is Beating His Wife (172/365)

2011 06 21 _MG_2889w
"I know well
that the June rains
just fall."

- Uejima Onitsura (1660-1738)

TIME:  7:37 PM
PLACE:  Looking off the front porch
SUBJECT:  Sunshine on tree branch & raindrops

The first day of summer has arrived.  It was also take-the-three-kids-to-the-dentist-day.  Such a plethora of excitement!  After the appointment, we went to Target to pick up a few things for DQ who is going to the Ozarks for five days with her second cousin.  There was a thunderstorm while we were in the store, it cleared up after a bit and the sun shone again.  After supper, while I was sitting on the porch, we had a sun shower – a weather phenomenon I always find fascinating.
~*~*~
2011 06 21 IMG_2936w
TIME:  8:42 PM
PLACE:  Front yard
SUBJECT:  Sky, looking west

My dad called me at 8:22 to tell me that the sky was looking pretty spectacular this evening.  Yes it did…even with the pesky power lines in the way.  Thanks for the photo tip Dad!

2 comments:

Mari said...

Wow! That sky is incredible. We had sun showers too, followed by hail.

Christina said...

Indeed! Fantastic sky!