Monday, June 13, 2011

No Wood Was Chucked (164/365)

2011 06 13 IMG_0068w
"My enemies are worms, cool days, and most of all woodchucks."

Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862), U.S. philosopher, author, naturalist.

TIME: 7:11 PM
PLACE:  Little League Fields
SUBJECT:  Woodchuck or Groundhog (Marmota monax)

After delivering StellaDella to Girl Scout day camp, I made it into work today.  The wrist is feeling a little better – I have a follow up appointment on the 23rd with the surgeon, when the cast should come off – *fingers crossed* ~*~*~ MonkeyBoy had a ball game this evening and the woodchucks were out in force in the field behind the third base line.  At one point, I counted five of them – two adults and three little ones.

1 comment:

Mari said...

I'm surprised they were out there when a game was being played. Nice shot!