Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Future Is Here (181/365)

2011 06 30 IMG_0017w
“Who'll be chief mourner?
I, said the dove,
I'll mourn for my love,
I'll be chief mourner.”

Mother Goose (fl. 17th-18th century. Who killed Cock Robin? (L. 33-36). . . Oxford Book of Light Verse, The. W. H. Auden, ed. (1938) Oxford University Press.

TIME:  7:47 PM yesterday
PLACE:  Dad’s front porch
SUBJECT:  Mourning dove baby

I had every intention of taking photos at MonkeyBoy’s last ball game, but I didn’t.  Depending how you look at it, I am either a bad mother for not taking any photos or a good mother because I was too busy watching the game to do so.  I’m going with the good mother reason. ~*~*~ This is the same nest that was in my June 18th post.  Sadly, it looks like only one out of the two eggs hatched.

No comments: