Saturday, June 18, 2011

Tiny Futures (169/365)

2011 06 18 _MG_2793w
The present was an egg laid by the past that had the future inside its shell.

Zora Neale Hurston (American folklorist and Writer, 1903-1960)

TIME:  5:58 PM
PLACE:  Dad’s front porch
SUBJECT:  Dove eggs in a nest

We woke up this morning to tornado sirens at 6:30am – *grumble* I had not slept well all night and was not happy about having to get out of bed and go downstairs.  Luckily, we survived the storm without incident.  Later the sun came out and DQ was still able to go to Six Flags with her friends.  We finally had MB’s birthday party at my Dad’s house this evening.  While the HH was off getting the pizzas (MB’s dinner choice), Dad showed me where a dove was nesting in his hanging impatiens.  Because I am nosey, I went to get a closer look and ended up scaring the bird out of it’s nest (I really didn’t mean to do that)…but it allowed Dad to water the plant (only around the sides, away from the nest) and I was able to snap a quick shot of her two eggs.

1 comment:

Mari said...

It was nice of the dove to move so you could get a picture!