Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Waterworks (215/365)

2011 08 03 IMG_4050w
“Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.”

George E. Woodberry (American poet, critic, and teacher, 1855-1930)

TIME:  8:01 PM
PLACE:  Front porch
SUBJECT:  Tabletop fountain

MonkeyBoy had his second day of Jr. High baseball tryouts.  He was one of 25 boys who were trying to make the team.  The school puts together one team consisting of eight-8th graders and seven-7th graders.  At 3:30 this afternoon, we were to call the school to find out if he made the team.  Unfortunately, MB was not one of the names on the recording.  He was devastated and I felt bad for him.  I may be biased, but he is a good player.  In any case, I am very proud of all of the effort and practice he put in in preparation for the tryouts – I told him so too.  Ironically, in today’s mail, I received a “Thank-You-For-Your-Resume-But-No-Thanks” letter.  I showed it to him.  The little turkey actually smiled at my misfortune…hmmph!  Actually, he wasn’t being mean-he just saw that I don’t get everything I try for either.  Poor MB and I…nobody wants us.  Ah well, it’s not the end of the world.

No comments: