Thursday, March 1, 2012

Night Steeple (061/366)

2012 03 01 _MG_1723w
An instinctive taste teaches men to build their churches with spire steeples which point as with a silent finger to the sky and stars.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge (English lyrical Poet, Critic and Philosopher. 1772-1834)

TIME:  8:26 PM
PLACE:  Freeburg, IL
SUBJECT:  St. Joseph’s Church

I think a tripod is essential for night photography.  Too bad I didn’t have one with me this evening.  I tried setting the camera on the car roof but unfortunately, it wasn’t at the proper height for the shot I wanted.  So I resorted to trying to hold it as steady as I could.  I even held my breath while pressing the shutter button.  The end picture turned out ok, but no where near as clear as I wanted.  Lots of room for improvement.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I love night-shootings. Fantastic picture.
have a nice weekend