Sunday, May 3, 2009

Under My Umbrella, Ella, Ella, Eh, Eh, Eh (123/365)

2009 05 03 IMG_4661 
"Now there's three things you can do in a baseball game: You can win or you can lose or it can rain."

Charles Dillon "Casey" Stengel (American, Baseball player and manager, 1890-1975)

TIME: 4:16 PM
PLACE: Little League Fields - Atom Diamond 
SUBJECT: Umbrella

The day started out with a little bit of sun, then became more overcast as the day wore on.  At 3:30 this afternoon, right as we arrived at StellaDella's T-ball game, it started to drizzle.  It wasn't very hard, so they went ahead and started to play the game anyway.  It rained the entire time.  Thus I was able to take this picture of the view under my umbrella.  The girls really enjoyed playing in the rain and the mud.  See my Suzy Homemaker blog for a few other photos from the T-ball game.  We came home after the game to a pork roast and vegetables that I had cooking in the crock pot.  But the best part was dessert - two types of pies: chocolate with fresh whipped cream topping; and lemon meringue (I finally made my birthday pie).  Yum!

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love it! Great shot. :)

Susan said...

The colors and lines here are really striking. You have quite and eye for great pictures. I love the water showing through. Too bad about the game, though.

Christina said...

The rain provided a great photo for today!

Girl Tornado said...

Love this photo, great DOF and even the raindrops on top!

Lemon meringue pie? I'll be right over... :)

Sujomi said...

Jennifer - I made HH hold the umbrella so I could take it.

Susan - Thanks, it wasn't too bad, just a steady drizzle. The girls enjoyed playing in it.

Christina - It did, I really can't complain too much. ;)

Sujomi said...

Oz Girl - Come on over! DQ and myself are the only ones who eat it and I don't need to eat so much pie!

breanna said...

a really beautiful shot!

Michelle said...

I love shots like this. You turned your umbrella into a piece of art.

Sujomi said...

breanna - Thank you!

Michelle - It reminded me of a whirly gig.