Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ice Crusher (183/365)

2009 07 02 IMG_6948 
“I discovered my wife in bed with another man, and I was crushed. So I said, 'Get off me, you two!'”

Emo Philips (American entertainer and comedian, b1956)


TIME:  10:57 PM
PLACE:  Kitchen counter
SUBJECT:  Sears Ice Crusher

This is one of my favorite thrifting items.  It is an ice crusher just like my mom had when I was growing up.  When we were sick, especially if we had a stomach virus and had trouble keeping things down, she would always crush ice for us to suck on so we would stay hydrated.  I found this one in a local thrift store for $3.00 and I use it every morning to crush ice for my diet drink.

5 comments:

SaraG said...

Love all your pictures from this past week!! Sorry I haven't visited lately, it has been an incredibly difficult week!
Trying to get caught up today and this weekend.
Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend!!

Sujomi said...

Sara G - I can relate...Hope you have a great weekend as well!

Girl Tornado said...

This is so cool -- the item AND the photo. :) I bought a Cuisinart blender a few years ago that could crush ice just so I could make margaritas at home. I didn't even realize they made ice crushers back then - duh.

bentonflocke said...

what a great and cheap childhood memory!!!

Sujomi said...

Oz Girl - HH bought a blender at Christmas time to make smoothies, DramaQueen ended up blending the rubber seal to pieces. I haven't replaced it yet, so I use the manual crusher.

bentonflocke - Yes, you gotta love that price!