Sunday, July 19, 2009

The End Of My Rope (200/365)

2009 07 19 IMG_0797 
“The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.”

Carlos Castaneda (Peruvian-born American author, 1925-1998)

TIME: 7:23 PM
PLACE:  The backyard
SUBJECT:  Cedar bark and rope

I’m feeling kind of “blah” today and the color in this picture reflects that.  MonkeyBoy and his team lost their game by 6 runs earlier this afternoon.  They were disappointed, but overall, they had a good season.  After the game, I met my sister at the flea market and browsed the stalls with her and DramaQueen.  It was a beautiful day with temperatures in the high seventies and low humidity - nothing like normal July weather at all!  So why am I feeling blah?  Don’t know, but I’m hoping that tomorrow brings me a better outlook.

2 comments:

bentonflocke said...

what we have is also not the normal weather of July. Most time rain and it´s too cold!

Great picture!

Dot O said...

Love the photo - I spend many a day feeling at the end of my rope and not knowing why. I think it's part and parcel of motherhood. I think we are entitled to moments like this as our mom brains never, ever get a chance to shut down.

Take care and I'm hoping for a better day today for you.