Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tomato Thief (199/365)

2009 07 18 IMG_8129
“It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato.”

Lewis Grizzard (American writer and humorist, known for his Southern demeanor and commentary on the American South, 1946-1994)

TIME:  5:17 PM
PLACE:  The backyard
SUBJECT:  Sciurus carolinensis

This would be why we may not have any tomatoes this year.  These pesky rodents are enjoying the fruits of our labors.  I saw one of these creatures sitting on the fence chomping away at a green tomato this morning, but alas, I did not have my camera with me at the time.  MonkeyBoy had his ball game at 1pm (they won 16-9, yea!).  After we returned home, I did not feel like cooking (no surprise there), so we ordered some pizza.  Being as I am too cheap to pay for both a delivery charge and a tip, I made the order a carry-out.  I did take my camera with me and was rewarded with this sight as I returned home with the pizza.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Annoying that he is eating your tomato, but this is so cute!

bentonflocke said...

great how you captured this moment of the eating thief

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...