Monday, July 27, 2009

Nice Seats (208/365)

2007 07 27 IMG_8450
2009 07 27 IMG_8560
“That’s a winner!”

John Francis "Jack" Buck (American sportscaster, best known for his work announcing Major League Baseball games of the St. Louis Cardinals, 1924–2002)


TIME:  6:03 PM/9:18 PM
PLACE:  Busch Stadium, St. Louis, MO
SUBJECT:  The view from our seats/The  scoreboard

My dad gave us tickets for the ball game tonight…Section 153 Row 1.  The first section behind the field boxes.  Not too shabby of seats.  HandsomeHusband had a meeting, so it was just me and the kids.  Being the frugal person I am, we parked at my brother’s work and brought in our own water and sodas in a soft-sided cooler.  We spent $20.00 for 3 hotdogs and a pretzel, $6.00 for cotton candy, $6.00 for ice cream and $5.00 for peanuts and sunflower seeds…oh, yeah and I bought myself a beer-$8.75 including tip…so that’s $42.75 for the evening.  Not bad considering!  We were witness to Matt Holliday’s first game as a Cardinal and we ended up beating the Los Angeles Dodgers who have the game’s best record (62-37).  Go Cards!

2 comments:

SaraG said...

Awesome photo's. Looks like a real fun time.
Stadium food is soooo expensive.... But a ball game is not the same with out a hotdog!!

Sujomi said...

Sara G - I gotta have a hotdog at the ballpark and a beer. It just wouldn't be a ballgame without them!