Monday, September 21, 2009

A Pansy For Your Thoughts (264/365)

2009 09 21 IMG_0170 
Ophelia:  “Pray, love, remember; and there is pansies, that's for thoughts.

Hamlet (Act IV, Scene V, L. 176) William Shakespeare (English Dramatist, Playwright and Poet, 1564-1616)

TIME:  6:39 PM
PLACE:  The driveway
SUBJECT:  Pansy Mammoth Big Red

Well, tomorrow is the first day of fall here in the United States.  Hard to believe…just where DID the summer go?  Fall is my favorite season, although I think it is much too short.  I love decorating the front porch with mums, pansies, pumpkins, squash, cornstalks and hay bales.  I bought some mums and pansies last week Saturday and still have yet to switch out the front planters.  I was going to this weekend, but the weather did not cooperate.  Today was busy with work and Girl and Boy Scout meetings.  Hopefully tomorrow, after a meeting at school regarding basketball and cheerleading uniforms (I’m part of the committee to purchase new ones), I’ll be able to get the planters swapped out.  Then it’s laundry and cleaning…whoopie!

6 comments:

Girl Tornado said...

Gorgeous pansy, love the deep red coloring.

I should swap out the planters on our back porch. It's a funny thing though... when I have the time (aka jobless), I don't have the money! My 8-week temporary stint ended 2 wks ago but I have several options right now and hopefully one of them pans out!

Christina said...

Fabulous color!

Sujomi said...

Oz Girl - The extra cash is always helpful...I'll cross my fingers for your next gig!

Christina - The color drew me in at the garden center...I love red in the fall!

Anonymous said...

Nice pic of the pansy. Love that color. Also good fit for the narrative too.

Sujomi said...

Iona - Normally my favorite color flowers are purple, but I like the reds and oranges in the fall. This pansy is perfect.

bentonflocke said...

fantastic red color - beautiful flower shot!