Thursday, September 10, 2009

Crabby Apples (253/365)

2009 09 10 IMG_9742
“The fear of being laughed at makes cowards of us all.” 

Mignon McLaughlin (American journalist and author, 1913-1983), The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960


TIME:  8:55 AM
PLACE:  Outside the office building
SUBJECT:  Crabapples

SD went back to school this morning…woot woot!  I am so glad she is feeling better – she is too and was happy and excited to get back into the school day routine. 

Normally, Tuesdays and Thursdays are my days off of work, but due to SD’s sickness causing havoc with my work schedule, I went in today. There is a crabapple tree right by the entrance to the office building and right now, it is loaded with crabapples.  I felt a little shy about getting my camera out to take pictures (you would think after 251 days of this project, I wouldn’t be!).  I didn’t want any one to see me so I took them very quickly – I didn’t even stop to frame them as nicely as they could have been.  These were my only photos for the day and now I am kicking myself for having such fears and being such a wimp.  Next time I am not going to worry about what people think of me taking pictures and get the shots I want.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - then you would be too timid to pick some of the crab apples. They make terrific jelly!

You managed to get a great capture of the crab apples even in your haste. Nice shot. Grand colors and composition too.

Mari said...

I think you got a good shot, even though you were hurrying. Glad to hear SD is back in school!