Monday, September 14, 2009

Doves On A Wire (257/365)

2009 09 14 IMG_9897 
“How come the dove gets to be the peace symbol? How about the pillow? It has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn't have that dangerous beak”

Jack Handy (American Writer and cast member of Saturday Night Live from 1991-2003. Famous for his Deep Thoughts comedy sketches.)

TIME:  7:02 PM
PLACE:  The front of the house
SUBJECT:  Mourning doves

Were the children tired this morning?  Yes they were!  Everyone moved verrrry sloooowly getting ready for school.  The older two had safety patrols this morning and had to be at school 15 minutes earlier than usual.  So I walked SD to school at the regular time.  Then off I went to work.  I was the first one there and after sitting at my desk, I kept smelling something bad.  I couldn’t figure out what it was.  Finally, I look down and what do I see but dog poop on my shoes!  Just great.  But the weird thing was, it wasn’t anywhere else on the floor.  You would of thought that since it was on my shoes, I would have tracked it throughout the office, but I couldn’t find any evidence of it being anywhere else but smeared on my chair protector pad and my shoes.  I was still the only one in the office, thank goodness, so I cleaned up the mat and my shoes and sprayed the air freshener quickly before anyone else arrived at work.  I then deposited the paper towels in the dumpster outside.  While I was out there, I went to my car to see if there was any poop on the driver’s side car mat.  Nope and no tracks leading to the outside office door.  Now just where did this dog poop come from?  Who knows…I guess I will chalk it up to one of life’s great mysteries.

3 comments:

Mari said...

Nice bird shot. I've tried to get a picture of birds on a wire and didn't have much success.
Sorry about your poopy morning!

Sujomi said...

Mari - I figured that I couldn't get much detail, so I went for the silhouette shot. As for the poop - I ended up going out and buying a Febreeze plug-in for my office, it smells so much better now!

bentonflocke said...

I tried a shot like yours, but my zoom wasn´t big enough! great shot!!