Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fire (262/365)

2009 09 19 IMG_0151 
O delicate walker, babbler, dialectician Fire,
O enemy and image of ourselves,

Louis MacNeice (1907-1963), Anglo-Irish poet. Brother Fire (l. 13-14). . . New Oxford Book of English Verse, The, 1250-1950. Helen Gardner, ed. (1972) Oxford University Press.

TIME:  7:48 PM
PLACE: A Neighborhood Block Party
SUBJECT:  Firepit

We had a family get-together/reunion for a line of my mother’s family from noon until about 4pm today.  I went with MB and SD.  DQ and HH stayed home as DQ was being picked up about 2pm to spend the night at a friend’s house.  When the other 2 kids and I returned home, we ordered Chinese for supper - mmm, beef with broccoli, pork fried rice and crab rangoon!  

My oldest brother has recently started playing bass in a band with his co-workers.   They had a “gig” tonight at a block party/  The party was an annual held one in one of
the band member’s neighborhood.  I hadn’t seen my brother play yet, so I met up with Dad at his house and we went there together.  The band sounded pretty good but we gave my brother all kinds of grief between sets anyway.  That is what family is for!  While we were at the party, it rained off and on, sprinkles mainly, but not anywhere close enough to put out the fire pits that were burning.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Nice fire shot! Looks so cozy!

Sujomi said...

Mari - It was cozy! I love sitting outside by a fire when it's chilly out.