Saturday, August 29, 2009

Birthday Boy (241/365)

2009 08 29 IMG_9498 
“…now I am six, I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six now and forever.”

A.A. Milne (1882-1956), “The End” (l. 11-14)…Now We Are Six, 1927

TIME:  6:29 PM
PLACE:  My sister’s house
SUBJECT:  David Charles

6 years ago today, my younger sister had her first child, my nephew, David.  I was 3 months pregnant with StellaDella at the time.  When my sister went back to work, I watched him once in a while.  I remember taking him to the the mall when he was about 3 1/2 months old.  The salesclerks asked how old he was and when was my other baby due.  When I told them he was born in August and my baby was due in February, I got perplexed looks.  You could see them trying to do the calculations and not being able to figure it out.  I usually took pity on them and told them that he was my nephew, but sometimes I just left them wondering!    

4 comments:

Mari said...

What a cute picture! I see mischief in his eyes!

bentonflocke said...

this shot is so wonderful with the candle light in his face - and I also love his view.

Great story you told... some people... wondering, wondering....

Anonymous said...

Cute kid! Bright photo. Mischief in his eyes.

You actually showed at 3 months? None of mine didn't showed until about 5 months. Guess you were an "early bloomer." :D

Christina said...

Cute birthday boy!!!