Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Bird In The Bush (061/365)

2010 03 02 IMG_4871w 
“A bird in hand is a certainty. But a bird in the bush may sing.”

Bret Harte (American Writer who helped create the local-colour school in American fiction. 1836-1902)

TIME:  1:48 PM
PLACE:  Backyard
SUBJECT:  House sparrow

When I took the dog out this afternoon, I brought the camera hoping to capture a picture of the sparrows that are always alighting in the bush by our fence.  My mom would call these sparrows a “spatsy” – she said that was what her mom always called them.  She didn’t know why Grandma called them that.  I was only able to take seven pictures before they all flew away; this was the best of the lot.  I like how he is looking straight at the camera lens and is all puffed up from the cold.

3 comments:

Mari said...

This is a great shot! So clear and straight on!

amson said...

I have never seen a plain house sparrow look so good! Wonderful photo!

Michelle said...

That is a spectacular capture. You look so close to that little peep.

And that lego tower shot is great!