Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Magic In The Air (082/365)

2010 03 23 IMG_5290w 
“The magician and the politician have much in common: they both have to draw our attention away from what they are really doing.”

Ben Okri (Nigerian author who uses magic realism to convey the social and political chaos in his country, 1959)

TIME:  5:56 PM
PLACE:  School
SUBJECT:  MonkeyBoy

In order to make sure that “we all count” and our district gets our fair share of the federal allotment per pupil, our school sponsored a Census night.  Families just needed to bring in their completed census to participate.  Tables were set up to assist those who needing help filling out the form.  The school served pizza, cookies and lemonade to all who attended.  (Hey, if I don’t have to cook and it’s free, of course my family will be there!)  After we ate, a magician performed for 30 minutes.  MB joined him on stage during the rope trick.  When the magician was finished at 6:30, I went to a combo Leadership Team/PTA meeting (which lasted until 8pm) and HandsomeHusband took the kids home.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE this shot! Great shot. I love shots like this that tell a story. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mari said...

I love the look in MB's eyes! I bet he enjoyed his moment up there!