Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Sedum (088/365)

2010 03 29 IMG_5411w 
"O the green things growing, the green things growing,
The faint sweet smell of the green things growing!”

Dinah Maria Mulock Craik (1826-1887), “
Green Things Growing”. The Home Book of Verse for Young Folks. Selected and arranged by Burton Egbert Stevenson. H. Holt & Company, New York, 1929.

TIME:  6:54 PM
PLACE:  Front yard
SUBJECT:  “Autumn Joy” Sedum

I cleared out the front flower beds of leaves and old growth this afternoon.  So far, most of my perennials that I planted last year are starting to re-emerge from the ground.  It is so lovely to see the green popping up from the brown mulch.  Hooray!  StellaDella  “helped” for about 10 minutes – I handed her the clippings and she placed it in the yard waste container.  She said that the sedum looked like baby cabbages…I think they do too.

No comments: