Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Budding Branch (075/365)

2010 03 16 IMG_5124 w
“Yesterday the twig was brown and bare;
To-day the glint of green is there;
Tomorrow will be leaflets spare;
I know no thing so wondrous fair,
No miracle so strangely rare.
I wonder what will next be there!”

Liberty Hyde Bailey, “The Miracle.” (
American horticulturist, botanist and cofounder of the American Society for Horticultural Science, 1858-1954)

TIME:  4:34 PM
PLACE:  Backyard
SUBJECT:  Branch with buds

We “sprung forward” this weekend with daylight savings time.  The upside is that the days are longer and the photo opportunities will be greater.  The downside is that now my internal clock is all out of whack.  Out in the yard with the dog this afternoon, I saw this.  I’m starting to believe that spring just might show up after all.

2 comments:

Mari said...

I'm so happy to see a bud. We are still waiting for them.

bentonflocke said...

spring ist just arround the corner - wonderful!!