Thursday, March 25, 2010

Keyed Up (084/365)

2010 03 25 IMG_5336bw  
“I'm not even thinking straight any more. Numbers buzz in my head like wasps.”
 
Kurt Neumann (1906-1958), German screenwriter. Kurt Neumann. Dr. Lisa Van Horn (Osa Massen), Rocketship X-M, after hours of calculations (1950).

TIME:  8:56 PM
PLACE:  My desk
SUBJECT:  Targus wireless keypad

As the accountant and CPA in my family, it has naturally followed that I am the one who does the tax returns, not only for me and HandsomeHusband, but for my dad, brothers and sister.  I don’t mind, their returns are fairly uncomplicated (except for those pesky multiple state tax filings they all have!).  My tools are a tax software program and most importantly, my wireless keypad.  I absolutely abhor using the row of number keys on the top of the standard keyboard - too cumbersome and it slows me down when inputting figures.  I much prefer the keypad, but alas, my notebook did not have one.  Thus my procurement of the wireless 10-key.  Definitely one of my smarter purchases.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I need one of these!