Thursday, March 4, 2010

Magically Delicious (063/365)

2010 03 04 IMG_4920w
“I won't eat any cereal that doesn't turn the milk purple.

Bill Watterson (American Author of the comic strip Calvin & Hobbes, b.1958)

TIME: 8:57 PM
PLACE: Kitchen
SUBJECT: Before bedtime snack

I was in Target this afternoon, picking up yogurt for lunches and snacks (Target is 20 cents cheaper per Yoplait carton than my regular grocery store!) and a few other items that we needed. I wandered down the cereal aisle – we are running low - and saw that they had Lucky Charms on sale. I love Lucky Charms, so do my kids. For awhile I refused to buy it because they would sneak in the pantry and pick out and eat just the marshmallows, leaving me with plain old toasted oats when I went to have some. Talk about disappointing. Now they eat both and when I pour myself a bowl, I get the full Lucky Charms experience.

1 comment:

Susan said...

This was one of my favorite cereals, too. I loved the texture and taste of the marshmallows, which I didn't really know were marshmallows at the time.