Tuesday, October 18, 2011

End Of The Season (291/365)

2011 10 18 IMG_1161w
"Corn wind in the fall, come off the black lands,
come off the whisper of the silk hangers,
the lap of the flat spear leaves."

- Carl Sandburg

TIME:  10:04 AM
PLACE:  Cornfield
SUBJECT:  Corn stalks in a muddy field

A rainy fall morning.  I drove the kids to school then went to Wal-mart (yuck)  for some grocery shopping.  Since it was a Tuesday, it wasn’t too crowded and fairly tolerable.  I even got a flu shot while I was there…no waiting.  On the drive back to the house, I stopped to take a quick photo of one of the many end-of-the-season cornfields I passed along the way.

2 comments:

Mari said...

It looks just like the fields I pass!

bentonflocke said...

cool getting a flu shot in a grocery store.... never heard about that.