Friday, October 14, 2011

Plastic Pumpkin (287/365)

2011 10 14 _MG_5760w
“If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.”

Jack Handy (American Writer and cast member of Saturday Night Live from 1991-2003. Famous for his Deep Thoughts comedy sketches.)

TIME:  5:45 PM
PLACE:  Living room
SUBJECT:  Vintage plastic pumpkin

Ouch.  That pained me to write “vintage”, but it is because it’s at least 40 years old.  This is my plastic-candy-gathering-pumpkin from the early 1970’s.  My name is still on the bottom – printed by my mom with blue pen on first aid tape.  My brother’s had plastic pumpkins for trick-or-treating too, but theirs were round with more traditional faces.  I always liked mine better because he was winking.

No comments: