Friday, October 28, 2011

Impressive Wingspan (301/365)

2011 10 28 IMG_6449w
Rex: Mr. Lightyear, now I'm curious... what does a space ranger actually do?
Woody: He's not a space ran-*ger*! He doesn't fight evil or, or... shoot lasers or fly.
Buzz: Excuse me.
[Deploys his wings; all exclaim in excitement]
Hamm: Wow. Impressive wingspan. Very good.

Wallace Shawn, Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, & Don Rickles, perf. Toy Story. Dir. John Lasseter. 1995. Pixar Animation Studios.

TIME:  4:59 PM
PLACE:  Front yard
SUBJECT:  StellaDella as a Dragon

Here it is.  My goal was to spend as little as possible on her Halloween costume this year.  Cause in the past I’ve gone way overboard. 

Here is the breakdown:
Cardboard box – free from grocery store
Duct Tape/Spray Paint/felt – on hand
Google eyes – $1.00
Flashlight – $1.00
Cellophane paper – $3.00
Belt for tail – free from thrift store
Umbrella for wings – on hand (it was broken)
Elastic & bias tape for wings – $3.76
Black turtleneck & leggings – $7.00
Total – $15.76

I succeeded.  And I think it turned out pretty awesome-sauce.
(Oh, and way to go Cards - 2011 World Series Champs!)

1 comment: