Sunday, August 29, 2010

Crash And Burn (241/365)

2010 08 29 IMG_9579w
“Failures are like skinned knees; painful, but superficial.”

Unknown

TIME:  3:58 PM
PLACE:  Living room
SUBJECT:  MonkeyBoy’s skinned knee

I woke up at 6:15am this morning so I could ride my bike on the trail, get the laundry going, work on some home repairs, clear off my desk of its pile o’papers and maybe even take a nap in the early afternoon.  I figured I would be done riding around 7:30am and then would have the rest of the day to get everything else done.  MB wanted to ride with me and I was good with that.  We had gotten about 1/2 mile away from home when the chain on the bike he was riding slipped off and wedged itself tightly between the gears and the tire axel.  He couldn’t pedal and I couldn’t get the chain out.  So we walked the bike back home and he used a different bicycle.  Then, about 2 blocks away from home, his long shoe laces got caught on the pedals…twice.  He fixed them and we finally got going on the trail.  On the way back we crossed paths with my Dad and stopped to chat for a moment.  After parting ways with Pop, we came to the part of the trial where we ride down a very steep and curvy hill (we go up this beast on the way out).  I was in front and when I was almost at the bottom, I heard a commotion behind me.  MB had over adjusted on a curve, his front tire went off the asphalt trail and he crashed.  He was a little shook up and had a nice scrape on his right knee but survived the accident.  His bike was ok too.  We slowly made it home – two hours after we started out.  I cleaned his wound, made him bacon and eggs, we all took showers and then I started on the laundry.  I’m not sure if I’m getting to the other items on the to-do list.  Well, I’ll probably fit the nap in…I do have my priorities you know.

3 comments:

Mari said...

Ouch! That looks sore. Poor MB - what a way to start the day!

Christina said...

Ouch!

bentonflocke said...

Poor MB