Sunday, August 8, 2010

Soap Bubble (220/365)

2010 08 08 IMG_2460w 
“In all our quest of greatness, like wanton boys, whose pastime is their care, we follow after bubbles, blown in the air.”

John Webster (English Jacobean dramatist and playwright, 1580-1634)


TIIME:  6:52 PM
PLACE:  Backyard
SUBJECT:  Soap bubble

While I was at Wal-mart last night, I bought StellaDella yet another 128 ounce container of bubbles – they spill so easy you know - along with a nifty battery powered bubble gun.  She played with them this morning (that girl does love her some bubbles) and I attempted to get some photos, but I wasn’t satisfied with the outcome.  So, this evening, after spraying ourselves liberally with bug repellant, she and I tried again.  I’m sure our neighbors thought that I am completely looney, what with me directing SD on bubble making and then chasing them around the yard with my camera.  Luckily, out of the gazillions of snaps I took, I was able to capture at least one bubble fairly decently.

5 comments:

Mari said...

You did great! I love the reflection in it. I can only imagine how difficult this was.

Christina said...

Wow! Great shot! And I appreciate the gazillion shots it took to share this one!

Kim said...

This is a excellent shot!

Michelle said...

I am so envious...I have yet to get such a wonderful bubble shot.

Girl Tornado said...

Wonderful shot, you captured it perfectly! You sound like me with lightning... I've been known to take 400 shots trying to capture lightning in a storm. I've only caught the cloud type so far, no sky to ground strikes yet. Dang. :-(